Monday, January 25, 2010

Herding Cats

My all-time favorite TV commercial is of cowboys herding cats. I can't remember what it is supposed to be advertising, but it is all these rough guys telling their stories and showing the scars they've gotten from "herding cats" then it shows the cowboys on horses herding 1000's of cats. Not sure why, but something about the imagery of it all makes me laugh everytime I think of the ad! I recently came across the S. African equivalent to "herding cats". See the picture below... Herding Ostrich!!!! No joke, this is an actual scene we witnessed while we were driving near St. John's Bay. I laughed nearly as hard as I laugh when I watch the herding cats commercial.
It really was quite a sight to see these men trying to get this group of Ostrich to not only go in the same direction, but also the direction intended by the men. A VERY amusing moment. Naturally, we pulled off to the side of the road and enjoyed the entertainment.

1 comment:

Jessica Allee said...

That's so wild and cool! Great images.