Aquatic Wildlife One of the main draws of coming to South Africa was the chance to see some outstanding wildlife. So far we have focused on the iconic land mammals, but we decided it was time to look for some of the iconic aquatic animals so we booked a long weekend in Hermanas.

Hermanas in known for having the "best land based whale watching on earth". At one point we got a great view of a whale not far from shore. After watching for several minutes I looked over at Evee to share the joy and she wasn't even looking at the whale. She apparently thought that whale watching was far from exciting. When I thought about it I suppose watching a whale bob up and down in the water really isn't all that exciting. They did look a lot like big black rocks. The penguins were more exciting than the whales, but they also had their drawbacks.
No comments:
Post a Comment